[responsivevoice_button rate=»1″ pitch=»1.2″ volume=»0.8″ voice=»US English Female» buttontext=»Listen to this»]
Since the earliest days of the Monumental Nativity Scene, the Local Authority of San Lorenzo de El Escorial has dedicated efforts to developing the initiative by offering human, technical, economic, administrative and other resources.
The municipal contributions comprise:
- advice from the municipal technical services
- acquisition of the materials and tools required to build and repair the figures and staging of the Nativity Scene
- municipal personnel assigned to tasks connected with construction and security (public works and services department, municipal police, etc.)
- extension of the contracts of municipal service contractor companies (electricity, road signs, etc.) to perform various extraordinary tasks
- installation of a security camera system and the handling of permits for this to be used throughout the duration of the Nativity Scene
- daily street cleaning during and after the event
- coordination of the contributions made by cooperating companies and organisations
- advertising in the press and a range of online media, including the municipal website itself
- printing of leaflets to promote the Nativity Scene, posters featuring the contributing establishments, and promotional posters on bus shelters and other specific advertising spaces.
The Directorate-General for Biodiversity and Natural Resources of the Autonomous Region of Madrid authorises the cutting of broom plants from Jurisdiction 46 of the Catalogue of Public Rural Land, while the Plant Nursery of the Autonomous Region of Madrid located in El Escorial loans the plants used to decorate the different Christmas scenes.
Particular mention should lastly be made of the local businesses who, aware of the importance of this event, and with the aim of providing long-term sustainability, make various contributions to the construction of the Monumental Nativity Scene.
In some years the companies or institutions that have made contributions are awarded a plaque as «Monumental Nativity Scene Contributor Establishment», and are also featured in the brochures and posters printed to publicise the event.
Some editions have received Premium Collaboration from the department store chain El Corte Inglés.